- The integrated infra-red light barrier detects open windows
- In the Homematic IP climate control solution, the room temperature is reduced automatically during ventilation in
connection with a Homematc IP Radiator Thermostat
- In the Homematic IP security solution, open windows and doors are displayed in the app and, if desired, an alarm is
- Can be flexibly mounted with supplied adhesive strips or screws
- Individual design with supplied caps in white or brown
- To enable operation, the device has to be connected with one of the following solutions:
- Homematic IP Access Point with free smartphone app and free cloud service
- Central Control Unit CCU2/CCU3 with local user interface WebUI
- Third-party solutions of partners
The Homematic IP Window / Door Contact - optical is part of the Homematic IP smart home system and reliably monitors doors and windows. The innovative sensor is not equipped with a commonly used magnet contact, but offers an intelligent optical sensor. There is no need for an additional magnet which significantly reduces the mounting effort. The integrated infrared light barrier monitors the door or window and detects the opened or closed position.
Within the Homematic IP system, the little sensor fulfils several tasks. During ventilation, the device automatically enables reduction of the heat that is supplied to the radiator by communicating to the Homematic IP Radiator Thermostat as soon as a window or door is opened. It is especially useful to define a message delay for doors that are used several times a day, in order to prevent the radiator valves from opening and closing permanently. In addition, the sensor reliably monitors the access control to your own four walls when no one is home. While the alarm mode is active, the Homematic IP Alarm Siren can be activated. Via the app, additional warning messages are send to the user as push notifications. In this way, the user is able to react to dangerous situations within a short time.
The small sensor which weighs only 30 grams is able to work effectively for about two years using the energy of only one AAA battery. If the battery capacity is getting low the user is informed via the Homematic IP app. Thanks to the low weight of the sensor, reliable attachment using double sided adhesive tape is possible. The adhesive tape, an additional brown cover as well as a reflective foil are delivered with the device. If the material of the window or door does not allow attachment using adhesive tape, you can use the two tiny screws supplied.