- Compact design, making it ideal for indoor applications
- Offers a wide range of applications in connection with other Homematic IP devices, e.g. for light control and alarm functions
- Optimum detection range of up to 12 m and detection angle of 105 ° (approx.)
- Can be flexibly mounted on a wall, on ceilings, in a corner or in the supplied stand
- Immediate information via the Homematic IP app about unauthorised removal or manipulation thanks to integrated tamper contact
- To enable operation, the device has to be connected with one of the following solutions:
- Homematic IP Access Point with free smartphone app and free cloud service
- Central Control Unit CCU2/CCU3 with local user interface WebUI
- Third-party solutions of partners
The Homematic IP Motion Detector is part of the Homematic IP smart home system and reliably detects movements as well as ambient brightness changes. The motion detector was designed for indoor applications and covers a detection range of up to 12 meters and a detection angle of 105° (approximately).
The small motion detector can be used as alarm sensor within the Homematic IP system. Furthermore, it can be used for switching lights depending on the brightness level by connecting the device with other Homematic IP products via the free smartphone app. You can limit the switch-on time individually. In order to protect the device from manipulation, a tamper contact has been integrated which triggers an alarm on unauthorised removal. With the free Homematic IP app, a warning is send directly to the users’ smartphone via push notification. In addition to the motion detection, the integrated brightness sensor transmits the current brightness value to the Homematic IP app.
Thanks to its compact dimensions and the battery supply, the sensor can be flexibly installed on walls, ceilings, in corners or even on a sideboards. The required mounting material, the stand as well as the wall mounting bracket and, of course, also the AA batteries that offer power supply for up to three years, are part of the package contents.