- Collected brightness values are displayed via the Homematic IP app
- Multiple applications in connection with other Homematic IP devices (e.g. switching lights on during darkness or moving shutters down in case of strong sunshine)
- Immediately ready for use thanks to battery operation and radio communication
- Flexible and easy wall mounting thanks to the supplied plugs and screws or use as standing unit
- To enable operation, the device has to be connected withone of the following solutions:
- Homematic IP Access Point with free smartphone app and free cloud service
- Central Control Unit CCU2/CCU3 with local user interface WebUI
- Third-party solutions of partners
The Homematic IP Light Sensor is part of the Homematic IP smart home system and measures the brightness in outdoor areas. The measured values can be displayed via the free Homematic IP smartphone app. The Homematic IP Light Sensor offers a wide variety of applications in conjunction with other Homematic IP devices, such as shutter and blind actuators or pluggable switches. The light sensor measures the light values measured in lux and transmits the detected information to connected Homematic IP devices, which react according to the previously defined configuration. For example, the awning can be extended during strong sunlight or the façade lighting is switched on in the twilight while the shutters are moved down.
Thanks to battery operation and radio communication, the Homematic IP Light Sensor is immediately ready for flexible use. Ideally, it is either mounted to the wall in outdoor areas or positioned at the desired location. The required mounting material such as plugs and screws is included in the scope of delivery. For the operation of the Homematic IP Light Sensor, the Homematic IP Access Point in connection with the smartphone app, the Homematic Central Control Unit CCU2 or a suitable partner solution is required.